Saturday 26 March 2022

Pre-filming

     Today is the day before filming day. As I'm getting the last few details down, I've stumbled upon a few challenges. Luckily, since they were minor, I was able to adjust a few of the scenes so everything continues to run smoothly. 

Challenge:                                                                               Solution:

1. Couldn't get Naomi's outfit on time                                   Get an outfit with a similar vibe

2. Can't film in a guy's room                                                  Film in living room instead

3. Can't use choice of Camera                                               Use my phone as a camera

    The first challenge I had was getting Naomi's juicy couture tracksuit. I was initially going to use my friend's tracksuit which she had agreed to let me use for the film. Unfortunately, she went away to Paris so I don't have a way to get the suit. My sister and I searched through her closet and found a matching set that looks like something Naomi would wear. 

    The second challenge had to do with the filming location. I planned on the first scene to be filmed in a typical boy's room so Brey (Ben) volunteered his room. While I was talking to him today to confirm our filming time tomorrow, he informed me that there would be a family reuinion at his house tomorrow so he wasn't sure if we could film at his place. We decided to just film in the living room instead which would have way more space anyway. 

    Lastly, the third challnege I faced was that I couldn't use my mom's Canon EOS R6. As i previously mentioned in my "Camera Equipment" blog post, my mom is a photographer, on filming day (tomorrow), she has a class at night which prevents me from using her equipment to film. I resorted to just using my Iphone camera which has pretty good quality, not the same as a camera but still does the job. 

    On a brighter note, I found someone to play the character of "Leo". My friend Brian said he was happy to help and be Leo for one night (or maybe two). I can't wait to start filming tomorrow and get back to work as i've had a very enjoyable spring break and made a no school-work rule for a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

 After 9 weeks of hard work, it's time to reflect on the process.  Here's my  CCR !!!