Thursday 17 February 2022

Creating Naomi

     As I've further developed my story, I started to brainstorm ideas for the character names. I searched up popular names, significant names; thought of names of people I know, etc. until finally, I thought of the name Naomi. I chose "Naomi" for the character because I remembered one of my favorite television shows 90210, my favorite character's name is Naomi. On the show, Naomi is perceived as this arrogant and narcissistic person but in reality, has deep-rooted issues that make her what she is. In my film, Naomi does a lot of messed-up things to those around her and is a pathological liar. This is because she grew up in a life full of lies and unfaithfulness. Naomi doesn't know any better than this and is repeating what her parents showed her to be normal. 

    When Naomi was younger, her parents were mostly absent, and when they were home, she would hear arguments all the time. Her father was mostly away on business and her mother would go out every night and have a different man over. This made Naomi think that's what love was about so it reflected on her future relationships.



I decided to create a mood board to show Naomi's lifestyle and aesthetic. She wears a lot of golds and silvers and is usually wearing a cocktail dress on her way to a party. My inspiration from Naomi came from "Serena Van Der Woodsen" from the tv show "Gossip Girl." In the show, Serena grew up a very privileged life but her father was barely present and her mom went through many marriages. Once she hit her late teenage years, she acted up by partying, cheating, doing drugs and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. Naomi and Serena have a lot in common in the way they grew up and how they act up because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

 After 9 weeks of hard work, it's time to reflect on the process.  Here's my  CCR !!!