Monday 28 February 2022

Can't Help Falling in Love

     Music is one of the biggest forms to show feelings, emotions and thoughts in a film. It also creates atmosphere and establishes a setting and mood. Like I've previously mentioned, I want my opening scene to introduce a lot without saying or showing a lot which is why I want to closely choose what songs I will include. There's two parts of my opening scene where I want to incorporate music. The first one being when Ben and Naomi are dancing in his room and the second one is when Naomi is running to Leo's car and when they meet up. 

    For the part where Ben and Naomi are dancing, I want to use "La vie en rose" by Louis Armstrong. Luckily, this song is royalty free so I can use it without authorization. The reason I chose this song is because while I was writing this blog in class the song started playing through my earbuds and I think it will set the atmosphere for their slow dancing. 

    Since my whole project is inspired by my favorite things (shows, characters, etc) I wanted to include one of my favorite songs. "Cant Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Presley. This song will be used in the part where Naomi is running to Leo's car to meet up with him. I thought this song would be appropriate because although they know their relationship is wrong, they can't help falling in love with each other. There are many versions and covers of this song but I wanted to use the original Elvis Presley one because  of the melody and his voice. 

    I emailed "Graceland" which is the closets and fastest way I could get information about using Elvis Presley's songs and asked them if I could use it for the project and they thankfully got back to me in one day. They said it was okay for me to use it as long as I didn't publish it on YouTube or any social media which I don't plan on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

 After 9 weeks of hard work, it's time to reflect on the process.  Here's my  CCR !!!