Tuesday 15 February 2022

I got an idea...

     The brainstorming for the portfolio project has taken over my thoughts. Every piece of media I watch whether it's a TV show, movie, read a few chapters of the book I'm reading, Tik Tok, etc. I try to take inspiration from it but always end up discarding the idea. On Sunday night, as I watched the new episode of "Euphoria" I got inspired by the love affair triangle between the characters Maddy Perez, Cassie Howard, and Nate Jacobs. Cassie, Maddy's best friend is in a secret love affair with Maddy's ex boyfriend, Nate. They sneak off at night to meet up and it drives Cassie into a manic and depressive episode. 

    For my film, I was thinking of doing a romance since I did my genre research on that and it's one of my favorite genres. I decided to add a twist to it and make it a romantic drama. I will take inspiration from Euphoria by creating a secret love affair where the lovers sneak off at night to meet up. The story will consist of a man and a woman that are in an unhappy relationship and have found happiness with someone else but are scared to call it quits with their significant other.

   I want my opening scene to say a lot about the plot but at the same time say nothing to maintain the secrecy of the love affair.  I'm excited to research the conventions of a romance drama and how I will make this idea come to life with different techniques.

    These are the scenes from Season 2 Episode 2 of Euphoria that inspired me to come up with the plot for my film. The pictures show Cassie running to Nate's car in the middle of the night after sneaking out of her house. My opening scene will consist of the woman sneaking out of her house while her lover waits for her to meet up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

 After 9 weeks of hard work, it's time to reflect on the process.  Here's my  CCR !!!