Tuesday 22 February 2022

more characters...

     This week is my biggest planning week where I will get most of the plot and character details down. I plan on storyboarding, casting, and location scouting. For today, I will finish introducing the key characters that will be involved in the opening scene of my film.

    I finally came up with a name and story for Naomi's lover. Leonardo who usually goes by Leo grew up in a similar environment as Naomi. His father was absent for the majority of his childhood as he left his family when Leo was 8 years old. His mom, who depended financially on Leo's father dated multiple rich men instead of searching for a job. Leo and his brother Blake would move from house to house and experienced a very abusive environment between their mother and her various boyfriends. Leo had a lot of anger and resentment towards everyone around him which translated into his own personal life. He joined the football team and was the captain of the team. He saw football as a way to let out his anger but that wasn't enough for him. In most of Leo's relationships, he was very possessive and controlling over his partners since that's what he had been around most of his life. No one ever taught him how to treat a woman since the only woman around him would allow men to control her. He also felt in his relationships, especially with Naomi, that it was something in his life he could finally control.

    I made a mood board to show Leo's aesthetic/vibe. His color is dark tones of blue. Leo can be compared with the ocean. Calm at first sight, but deep down it is scary and unpredictable which is why I thought blue would be a good way to represent him. He dedicates a lot of his time to football which is why I included a picture of football players. Additionally, I included a picture of a guy bleeding to represent his aggression. All the pictures I included in Leo's mood board are in black and white to encapsulate his mystery and darkness. 


     Leo is not the only man in Naomi's life, there is also Ben, her actual boyfriend. Like I previously mentioned in my "I got an idea..." blog post, Naomi was being unfaithful and having a secret relationship with another man (Leo). Ben is the complete opposite of Leo and his relationship with Naomi is also the complete opposite of her relationship with Leo. Ben plays lacrosse and has a great relationship with his parents. Him and Naomi have been together for 4 years and practically everyone knows they are dating, they are practically married. Ben is convinced Naomi is the love of his life and plans on spending the rest of his life with her, Naomi has other plans though. 


    This is Ben's mood board. As you can see his color scheme is the complete opposite shade of blue as Leo. I chose this shade of blue to represent his love for the sea and surfing in clear blue waters. I also chose this color because light blue usually symbolizes tranquility and stability. Ben is what keeps Naomi's life balanced from the insanity going on around her life at home and her secret relationship with Leo which is the complete opposite of her relationship with Ben.



    So far these are the only characters I plan on including on my opening scene. I'm still considering introducing Leo's girlfriend into the scene or if he's even going to have a girlfriend at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My CCR

 After 9 weeks of hard work, it's time to reflect on the process.  Here's my  CCR !!!